Change of skin?

Hey mummies, anyone face this problems with your baby? Ever since I put on cetaphil lotion, my baby’s skin turn like this.. it is for baby’s face and body that I bought.. my parents said change of skin......? Is this common? mummies advise please 🥺

Change of skin?
11 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It’s eczema. My girl used to have it on her face on and off when she was less than a year off. When it gotten that bad (like in your photo), we applied hydrocortisone. Once the skin is healed, we maintain by moisturing her entire body with Cetaphil AD Derma Pro after every shower or her face after wiping with damp towel. Do bring her to the PD though so that you’ll be guided accordingly.

Read more

I think it's better to go see a doctor! I dont think baby needs lotion on their face or etc unless they have skin rashes or skin related issues and doctor recommend lotion/moisturiser. Otherwise, actually I dont think you need to put lotion for the baby.

VIP Member

Please go to see doctor cause it looks like eczema. Do not use that lotion to your daughter’s face... hope your daughter cheek will be smooth again..

I'm using aveeno now. My daughter seems not compatible with cetaphil too. Try not put too much also and don't put everyday.

Looks like a rash. Stop applying the lotion for now and see a PD. Baby’s skin might be sensitive to it.

Does not look like a change of skin but eczema. Pls bring your baby to see a PD.

like all mommies here said. maybe its eczema or allergy. bring to see PD.

TapFluencer

bring to see dr will be better to find out the root cause

Cetaphil might be too strong then, can try ceradan or qv

For me.. below 6months no need any lotion