4 Replies

Hello! I understand how challenging it can be when your 5-week-old baby fusses and cries at specific hours, especially in the evening. It sounds like you've already tried several soothing techniques like burping, applying ointment, swaddling, using a pacifier, and changing her diaper after feeding, but she still seems unsettled. One thing you could consider is trying different feeding positions or adjusting the feeding schedule, as sometimes babies can be fussy due to gas or overfeeding. It might also help to create a calming bedtime routine to signal to your baby that it's time to wind down. Additionally, you could explore techniques like white noise or gentle rocking to soothe your baby during those fussy hours. Skin-to-skin contact and carrying your baby in a carrier or wrap can also provide comfort and closeness. If your baby's fussiness continues, it's always a good idea to consult with your pediatrician to rule out any underlying issues that may be contributing to her discomfort. Remember, every baby is unique, and it may take some trial and error to find what works best for soothing your little one. Hang in there, and keep trying different methods until you find what helps her relax during those challenging hours. https://invl.io/cll6she

Might be baby going through a leap/ wonder week/ growth spurt! Read about this in a mummies chat, during those weeks they will cry a lot, fuss and be very needy and then after those few weeks are over they are suddenly very happy. Its just developmental growth, baby will tend to be very hungry during their leap so just feed on demand and burp them more. Hang in there!

I’m experiencing this too and would like to know if there is anything else I can try 😭 please help if any experience mommies know how to comfort newborn.

I m experiencing same with my 5 week old. I also read that it's a growth spurt and it should get better. hopefully it does!

Related Questions

Trending Questions

Related Articles