Hi mummies, I have been trying to potty trained my 30mo boy since few months ago. However, he will just go in and sit for the first few days but there is nothing out. After his excitement on the potty, he does not want to sit at all. Please advice how can I try to let him sit on the potty again? Thanks in advance!

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Shirley, I wanted to potty train my daughter but she didn't manage to pee or poo. I've tried putting her to potty every 15-30mins when we are at home, but she just couldn't do it. I bought a children toilet seat and place it on the toilet bowl and let her sit on it. After she saw how I pee into the toilet bowl she wanted to do it too. I also did let her go without diaper when she's at home. After a few times wetting the floor, she felt guilty and she kind of knows the feeling of wanting to pee. She is successfully potty trained in a week time. Please be patience with your boy if he still can't be fully trained. It takes time.

Read more

When I was potty training my boy, I used a book with photos of boys sitting on the potty and being brave and wonderful about it. There are stickers too that you can give him for doing a good job in the potty. But I think consistency is the key. Try making him sit in the potty every morning after waking up and then in the evening before going to bed. Tell him no bed time stories if he does not sit on the potty. hahaha... Just make it a habit and still do it even if he resists. But of course, take the cue from your lo, whether he is ready or not to rid of the diapers is up to him. Hope this helps.

Read more

I toilet train my 2 yr old to poo in toilet by letting him sit on it when he express himself. Sometimes it's too late but I still put him on and told him you need to come to toilet to poo. The initial stages can be tiring and frustrating as he may just give false alarm but gradually he got it and can express himself. Nothing fanciful used but words of encouragement and praise plus hi5

Read more

me too ever happen to me when i try potty train them..But no matter what i always stick to my normal ways eventhou its tiring slowly they will get that..I will keep asking he/her u want to pee or poo?Every minutes i non stop doing it.Sometimes it takes time we cant force them actually.

Thanks for your reply! I guess I will have him diaper free when we are at home. Thanks for your tips!