GD test

hi moms that took the test before, can I know how much is the pricing? thanks in advance!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

to reply to this post i asked: i just took the test at mount alvernia (my gynae gave me a recommendation form to go over) & the charges were only $33.17? quite surprised because I was expecting it to be much more pricey but yep! hope it helps other mummies wondering out there, heres the procedure I went through - no food only plain water after 12am - went at around 9.30, took urine test and then afterwards first blood test. after first blood test was taken, given 500ml of this drink that tasted like rly sweet fanta orange (its not carbonated) but I think it was so sweet that it made my throat feel like it was gassy lol. was told to finish it infront of the nurse & wait one hour later - 10.42am took 2nd urine test & then 2nd blood test and 10.52am (10mins gap from the urine test) - waited again until 11.42am to take 3rd & final urine test, 11.52am to take the 3rd & final bloodtest. - told that results will be sent to gynae afterwards and thats about it :-)

Read more
4y ago

hello, i took mine at 27 weeks :) gynae told me about it on my 26th week, and i was told to take before i hit 28 weeks so i took 1 week to decide to go for the test or not bc i’m rly young and so risk is low, but still decided to go with it eventually as its better to be safe than sorry. i see some people taking it as early as 24weeks, i think it depends :)