GD test

hi moms that took the test before, can I know how much is the pricing? thanks in advance!

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hey Mummy! Just sharing below. I just did mine on 14 July 2020 at KKH. No scans on that day. Subsidised as well. No medication. Total bill was $83.50. - Fast from 12 midnight onwards - Came slightly early to register (appt at 9am) - Went to take height, weight, blood pressure first - Wait for number to be called for 1st blood test - Drink orange sugary water (exactly like F&N orange without gas, I like it) in a bottle in front of nurse, and 1hr timing starts after you finish the bottle. No eating or drinking allowed. If you puke, restart again. - 10.10am went into blood test room and leave the slip of OGTT paper and wait for name to be called within 5mins - 2nd blood test, 1hr timing starts again, no eating or drinking or puking - 11:10am went into blood test room and leave slip of OGTT paper and wait for name to be called within 5mins - last and final blood test drawn - waited for about 1hr for number to be called to see doc - doc briefly told me I passed the first blood test and the other 2 results will be out within a week, no call means good news and can check results via Health Hub app - doc used a Doppler to hear baby’s heartbeat - no medication required cause I still had my Obimin - payment at kiosk - done for the day, left KKH about 12:30pm Around 6pm the same day I curiously logged in Health Hub app and saw that my results were already out, and I passed all 3 tests.

Read more
4y ago

thank you !! :-)

to reply to this post i asked: i just took the test at mount alvernia (my gynae gave me a recommendation form to go over) & the charges were only $33.17? quite surprised because I was expecting it to be much more pricey but yep! hope it helps other mummies wondering out there, heres the procedure I went through - no food only plain water after 12am - went at around 9.30, took urine test and then afterwards first blood test. after first blood test was taken, given 500ml of this drink that tasted like rly sweet fanta orange (its not carbonated) but I think it was so sweet that it made my throat feel like it was gassy lol. was told to finish it infront of the nurse & wait one hour later - 10.42am took 2nd urine test & then 2nd blood test and 10.52am (10mins gap from the urine test) - waited again until 11.42am to take 3rd & final urine test, 11.52am to take the 3rd & final bloodtest. - told that results will be sent to gynae afterwards and thats about it :-)

Read more
4y ago

hello, i took mine at 27 weeks :) gynae told me about it on my 26th week, and i was told to take before i hit 28 weeks so i took 1 week to decide to go for the test or not bc i’m rly young and so risk is low, but still decided to go with it eventually as its better to be safe than sorry. i see some people taking it as early as 24weeks, i think it depends :)

Doing it next week but I need go fast from 12midnight and they will take the blood after 2 hours of drinking the glucose drink they gave me last check up.

Following