moms.. I need a lil help. So my lil daughter is 8 months old now. and we are going through a new and exciting nursing hell. For about a week she's just not into nursing. First she was biting (but then he stopped that) but now she refuses the boob after 5 minutes or so. I'm covered in scratches. I know my supply has gone down, but she's still nursing ok about 3 times a day, it's just the mid morning and mid afternoon feedings that she's rowdy. any Ideas? I'm already nursing in a dark room, offering often, and wearing a nursing necklace. I should mention we've sleep trained so nursing is supposed to happen 5 or 6 times a day. I don't know if I just want to let it kinda dwindle down to no nursing or much less nursing, or what.

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

It is recommended that babies be exclusively breastfed for at least 6 months and supplemented with breast milk till the age of 1 year. Since she is 8 months, if nursing is a pain for both you and her, perhaps you could switch to feeding her expressed breast milk. If not, maybe she could be uncomfortable in the position. You can try switching positions so the both of you are relaxed. She could also be having a growth spurt. http://www.breastfeeding-problems.com/baby-fusses-at-breast.html

Read more