Moms, do you feel guilty when you feel like buying something for yourself? I always say to myself, buy for the kids instead, so I end up not buying anything for myself all the time.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I feel you mommies. Going to the salon and shopping for myself has no longer been a part of my list since I've had kids. I can't explain it but I just feel like I've enjoyed much when I was single, so this time, the kids deserve everything that we can provide. But I also agree with Anne Marie. Sometimes it won't hurt if we pamper ourselves from time to time because we also deserve it. We can think of it as a reward to ourselves by working so hard and taking good care of our children.

Read more

Oftentimes, I tend to put all my kid's needs first, including other stuff that isn't really needed at all, like some toys, clothes etc. But do I feel guilty whenever I buy for myself? No. Retail therapy is my stress reliever. I'm lucky to have a husband who supports me in this. I guess it wouldn't hurt if you buy something for yourself once in a while.

Read more

I felt the same after i gave birth to my dau..i dont even cut my hair bcoz i feel guilty going to salon..it took many months before i get myself buy something for myself..but until now my dau is three, she is still the priory and often i still end up not buying anything for myself..

When I was working not so guilty cos I am spending my own money but after stay at home, will consider twice before buying stuff for myself but I believe in pampering myself like once in a while, even a nice drink at a cafe will do good for us in the long run.

Once you become a mom, its always and will always be for your kids first before yourself