Breastfeeding

Hey mommies! I'm expecting number 2 in Jan and would like to try breastfeeding her. Didn't manage to fully breastfeed my boy back in 2020 as I was in a pretty depressed situation at that point of time , thus resorted to formula after 1 month. This time round now that we are living on our own , I'd like to try bf my princess if possible. Question is , how do I know baby is full from bf? Do they stop latching automatically? 2nd , how do I know they are receiving milk from boobies? 😅 (I mean boobies aren't like bottle that we can see how much baby drinks) How do I know I'm producing milk? 😅 Back with my firstborn , the nurses at labour ward helped expressed colustrum and told me to just latch. I rmb not being able to sleep till about 4am cause I was latching all the way (nurse came and topped up formula for my son as she assumed I wasn't producing enough) 😅 Though this is my 2nd pregnancy, feels like I'm a ftm all over again as it's a huge difference from back then 😅 do hope to hear from you lovely ladies 🥰#pleasehelp #advicepls

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

yes they will stop latching once full. you can try to feed again to see if baby will still take but if baby is full, they won’t take more. one useful tip for me was to pump once or few times a day to see how much you are producing. while someone else uses bottle to feed your breast milk. gives you a break too.

Read more