Induce Labour

Hi mommies. I’m currently coming to 20 weeks preggie and doc told me i have GD. He mentioned I will most probably need to be induced 2 weeks before edd. I’m just curious how is induce labour done, would anyone of you be kind enough to share a lil bit of your experience? It’s my 1st pregnancy btw :-)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Induce can be a long process. Waiting game~ If u are dilated fast, some mummies within 8- 12 hrs can be delivered. If slow, can be within 24 hrs or so( also depends gynae will suggest c sect last min ) they will need to check baby’s heart beat and your condition etc During the process, nurse will check your cervix dilation etc If your pain tolerance is Low, Consider epidural (below 5cm dilated) nurse will check with you or u can request after contraction kicks in. Mine was within 24 hrs for the whole process. I had epidural and I slept , woke up and it’s 10cm dilated , next moment I delivered my lo:) ( body rested, dilation was fast , I didn’t slept for half a day or more, tot able to deliver as soon as I thought lol !) Most importantly mummy cannot be too stressed. :)

Read more
VIP Member

I think u still have time to consider. If everything is ok n baby is not too big or too small, u dont have to induce.. induce they will put a pill down thr to soften your cervix den after some time they will put u on a drip n the contractions will come closer and gets super painful as time goes.. its also very long for first timers.. mine was 17 hours in continuous pain..i went through one induction and 2 the normal way, induce is really the worst

Read more
3y ago

Hi mummy but does that mean we can still go for normal birth even if induced & well dilated?