Drinks to substitute water

Mommies. I have bad morning sickness and will feel nauseous if I drink water. Any substitute which I can consider that is more healthy? Tia!

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was in the same situation as you whereby I couldn’t drink plain water so I drank honey, fruit juice, Ribena, 100 Plus and eat fruits like peach, cherries that are more juicy to get the water. I ate a little watermelon too. Moderation is key. Pregnant women can eat anything but must be in moderation.

Read more

I’m at my 15th week now and I still find it hard to swallow water. I used to drink lots of ribena and 100+ in my first tri, now I rely a lot on fruit juice/açaí and milo.

i made these occasionally: honey n lemon brown sugar w ginger i still 'force' myself to drink small sips of water, warm may make u feel better too. hope this helps

Read more
3y ago

Thanks

TapFluencer

Same here. I can't drink plain water else get nausea easily. I drink 100+ and water put lemon. Feel much better after that.

I squeeze lemon and added some organic honey in my warm water . Sometimes I would boil barley water .

TapFluencer

I drink 100plus, Green Tea, lime juice, ribena, honey lemon, coconut water throughout my pregnancy

3y ago

moderation is the key 😊 my boy is healthy, he's turning 2 this July I'm currently 6months pregnant, I drink green tea daily and coconut water weekly

the only drinks that i could tolerate back then was just milo and ribena. so i mostly drink those.

3y ago

yes, since first trimester. mostly all the way i cannot tolerate plain water.

Honey with warm water or lemon water 😉