Morning Sickness

Im 8 weeks now.Morning sickness is not being kind. Drinking plain water, will make me turn into a Merlion.😂😂 No choice but to drink those sweetened drinks so to feel better. But im worried of gestational diabetes.. Any suggestions of any low sugar drinks that is good and safe to consume?

10 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I have this problem too, used to drink 3l a day, now 1l also cannot finish. but I realised cold plain water is drinkable, so I'm on this now. at least have about 1l plus a bit these days. Lunch is usually soup for me. before that, I was mainly having cold/hot milo and soya bean, and cold orange juice (OJ is my regret). go easy on citrus drinks (initially I didn't know) in case it triggers acid reflux and the feeling gonna be worst.

Read more
2y ago

hope you will get better too! I'm having ginger tea daily (limit to 2 glasses) now and it seems to help greatly. u can try! can add red date or little bit of brown sugar if u don't like pure ginger taste (i use 2 dates to brew 2 glasses)

same! i tried everything too. pocari sweat (gynae approved), ribena (the kind u mix youself so can control sweetness), lemon slices, fruit juices made at home, soups, fizzy water...etc. but actually i realised room temperature water is the worst. drinking cool or iced water helps tremendously.

2y ago

oh yah...cold water super syiok..but after dat so bloated. 🤭🤭 Thank alot.. will try pocari sweat...hehhe

Wow...thank you all for the sharing..its not easy to cope with morning sickness...my daily water intact is usually 3-4l..now i cant barely finish 1l...will try out the suggestions...hopefully will increase my water intake in e weeks to come... Thank u so much!!!🥰🥰

honestly I was the same the whole of first trimester. I couldn't down plain water so I kept having sweetened cold drinks. guilty of that.. you can try putting lemon slices into cold plain water, it helps for me.

2y ago

im super guilty n paranoid now too..will try putting lemon slices in my water..see of it helps..

I have been feeling morning sickness too! coconut water has helped me. it could be a good alternative to sweetened drinks!

I felt the same way in my first trimester, I tried some sparkling water, it works well for me to avoid sweetened drink

hot red dates tea! it helps for me, at least it reduces the nauseousness and burping

2y ago

Tried e hot one...cant work...tried the cold one...now like a must drink...heheh

Same here! Switched to honey/honey lemon recently, it helps!

sports drinks like 100plus worked for me!

2y ago

best to drink non carbonated version

VIP Member

Try taking honey