Fetal Pole/Yolk/Sac?

Hi mommies! I may be 5w5d pregnant (according to my app). Yesterday went to the KKH O&G centre & they did the transvaginal ultrasound scan. Saw the scan and can only see one hole & a tiny little dot. Doc didnt do any measurements & said to come back 2 weeks later. She didnt explain anything but mentioned that “it might be a good or it might not be a good” pregnancy TWICE. She also kept asking if my menses is regular. I left the room feeling confused & kinda upset. Is there anything I need to worry abt. I just think that she mentioned that because she might be expecting a fetal based on the calculation of my first day of my last period. Which should be about 9weeks+.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply

Calculation based on last period can be inaccurate, especially if you ovulate late or if you have irregular cycle. Even if you have regular cycle, it wont always be accurate. Mine suppose to be 7 weeks if based on last period however when i went for scan i was only 5w, and same like you, only sac and small yolk, which is the very very small dot. (Now im 29 weeks) I too was super super paranoid and even cried but i read online its because its too early. Best to go for ultrasound when youre 8 weeks, cs by then can already see fetal pole or fetus itself, with a heartbeat. And yes doc will always say to come back in 2/3 weeks time for better ultrasound cs around this week they can hardly see anything or conclude anything. Doc also ask me if i had any bleeding cs she thought it might be fetus not growing or something. But dont worry mummy and dont overthink! Baby will grow well and you can start seeing their little heart flicker by 8 weeks! Start on folic acid everyday, and look out for any discharge or blood. All the best!!

Read more