Bring LO out

Hi mommies, how often do you bring your LO who is below 5 mths to the outside house for a walk / shopping for more than 3 hrs? I tried to but my LO is either sleepy or cranky. I feel the boredom for her as she always stay at home. 😅 when is the age suitable to bring them out to touristy place?

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

My 2nd born is 3.5 months and we only bring him out once a week, mostly to my in-laws place. I usually make sure tt he's fed and had a gd nap before gg out so tt he won't get cranky. At this age, best to spend more time at home to reduce risk of contracting illnesses. Whenever my baby is awake, i'll make sure to talk and play with baby on his gym mat, do tummy time, read books etc. It may sound boring to us esp when baby cannot talk yet but it helps alot in their development. I think for babies below 6 months, limiting time outside to an hour or 2 would be best unless ur baby can fall aslp easily. For my 1st born, I find it's more fun to bring him out aft 8 months cz can train him to stand and walk by then.

Read more

Personally I try not to bring them outside too long. I don’t want to overstimulate the baby and end up u will have crazy time at night. But, I do bring to supermarket for a short while (for exposure). Personally, I prioritise sleep a lot (incl naps), so I won’t bring them out so often. You can try engaging activities at home

Read more
Super Mum

I tried to keep most of her naps at home, especially since we wanted to train her to sleep in the same conditions each time, and fall asleep on her own. So I never brought her out longer than her awake duration. Honestly, baby doesn’t get bored being at home all the time. It’s us parents 😂

VIP Member

I started bringing her to natural walk after she turned 4 months in carrier. She slept easily when we walked but quite ok. Now she is ok with outdoor without aircon. do at your comfort..

TapFluencer

I bring my baby out after 4 months old daily to walk in park. and subsequently I bring my baby out alone most of the time shopping lol!

i'll try to work around the kid's nap and feed schedule. wont be out for too long. a couple of hours e.g. 2

VIP Member

I think after 5-6 months will be better. much more stable as a infant and ready to.explore