Morning sickness

Hi mommies, how do you deal with MS while you’re at work? I’m 8weeks today and I’m feeling the dizziness and nausea creeping up.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Asked my doctor to give me a note that I can show my manager and I was allowed to work from home. It’s very uncomfortable, but thankfully my manager is quite understanding and supportive. If that doesn’t work for you, try bringing saltine/plain crackers with you so you have something to munch on every so often. They say small, frequent meals should help with the nausea. Avoid spicy and oily food too.

Read more

My MS was very very bad too. I can’t eat and drink. So ended up with 5 days of HL. In between I went A&E for drips because I feel so weak. Was given drips and jabs for nausea, was told that I’m dehydrated. After that I feel better and started to eat and drink. The MS doesn’t go away immediately but it gets better as time goes..

Read more

My morning sickness was super bad i completely stopped working. Try to get more rest, take some time off work if you need to! I had to take naps in the day to survive. You can also ask doctor for b6 or metoclopramide. These two are safe to take during pregnancy.

same as the rest for me…stock up on plain/lemon biscuits, get medicine from gynae and request to wfh :( luckily my manager was ok to let me wfh on some days. other days I book meeting room in between working hours just to lie down huhu

I told my boss that I am pregnant and so far she has let me to wfh more often. Maybe you can talk to your manager to let u wfh for time being? Other than that i keep sucking mints. So far it helps