stranger anxiety and separation anxiety by 4 mos

Hi, mommies anybody here experience this my baby whose going to be 5 mos. Will cry when somebody else holding like relatives and when I leave he is quite a good boy. Even his sister he will fuss when they carry him, only me his papa and one of his uncle he doesn't cry

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hey mama, it’s perfectly normal. This could be signs of a secure attachment forming and it’s possible for baby to form this with more than one person. From personal experience, babies form attachments with individuals who respond to their cries and basic needs the quickest. More information here: https://www.babybonus.msf.gov.sg/parentingresources/web/Babies/BabiesDevelopment/BabiesBonding/Babies_Attachment?_afrLoop=48163426739663745&_afrWindowMode=0&_afrWindowId=null#%40%3F_afrWindowId%3Dnull%26_afrLoop%3D48163426739663745%26_afrWindowMode%3D0%26_adf.ctrl-state%3Dkxscby7ak_4 It simply means baby feels safe around the people you mentioned and with others he’s not too sure just yet. Just as we may not be so quick to open up to a new acquaintance, it’s the same with babies :)

Read more
3y ago

Thank u so much as I felt they blaming me for this

I think it's normal. That's how my girl reacted too. So what my husband & I did was, everytime we go to my parents or in-laws house, we tell them to not disturb her first. Let her go in, venture the place, play on her own and eventually she will start to play with them. Then they can carry her. The same for relatives too. Surprisingly it works!

Read more

Hi Mum, Yes this is normal as babies develop sense of attachment most with the person who are with them most and take care of them most. This gets better with time