ftm seeking advice for kkh delivery

Any mommas can share what to expect for labour in KKH? Going for the fully subsidized route which I believe it will be the B2 ward? Any freebies from the hospital as well so I know what to pack in my hospital bag. #1stimemom #advicepls #ftm

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I was under subsidised and i think i got the B2 ward. but nxt time, i dont mind the C ward as there's not much of a difference. Alhamdulillah, I was ok to go bck the next day at ard 5pm. (vaginal delivery) csec may take 2 days if I'm not wrong. things to bring would be going home clothes for yourself and baby. for baby, bring baby hat and swaddle too. for my firstborn girl, i prepared a cute headband and swaddle and for my secondborn boy, i prepared baby hat and cute swaddle. dont forget their mittens and booties. I brought along baby carrier for my case. husbands are not allowed to sleepover. i think best not to bcz there's other ladies and they need to rest and need some privacy as they are recovering. you know like some may not be covered properly bcz too tired and bz with baby or something. some breastfeeding all that. so yeah. but hey . dont worry. nurses will help. even if they idk, mite be reluctant, jz go on and ask for help ok. jia you!! 💪🏻🤗

Read more
2y ago

best prayers for you and baby! smooth delivery and speeeeedy recovery 🤗

sorry dear, no "freebies" per se. all part of ur bill in the end. I received the pack of toiletries as mentioned by the fellow mommy but wanted to return the nurse during discharge since I did not use at all. her reply? "take lah girl, already billed to you.." same for everything else, baby diapers, maternity pads (mine was Kotex overnights).. I packed my breast pump per advice from many forums end up no use at all cos KKH pro skin to skin so ask u breastfeed 😊 important is bring all baby's stuff: onesie, swaddle, booties, mittens & hat 👍🏼 for urself, a comfy outfit to go home in 😊 I know friends who bring nice dresses to take photos so that's individual 😄

Read more
2y ago

That's true. Thank you for sharing!

I got ward C which is a 6bedder ward. The ventilation is quite good although it says it’s not air-conditioned but I can feel cold breeze? If you’re gg for vaginal delivery the nurse will ask you to like pee abt 4-6 hours after you’ve given birth. They’ll accompany you to the toilet or give a bed pan. Husband not able to accompany. There’ll be nurses teaching you how to bf. There’ll be a bag containing toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, shampoo, shower cap, baby lotion/soap etc. bring a set of mittens, hat, onesie and swaddle for your newborn. For yourself best to be dressed in a nursing dress and covered your hands and legs fully.

Read more
2y ago

That's true. Thanks for sharing!

fully subsidised is C ward. 6-8 bedder, no aircon, only fan. partner not allowed to stay overnight in ward. only allowed in labour ward. no freebies but after birth on day of discharge they will give a leaflet for hospital bag to be sent to your hse (free diaper bag w some baby stuff more on toiletries) hospital bag pls pack clothing for u and baby and toiletries when discharged. maternity panties and pad they will provide. towel have to bring your own unless u want to use theirs.

Read more

Not really sure about this covid tyme . But in 2018 i give birth and just take ward c as it was just a 1 night stay . When going back tyme they will give u a bag full of sample things also got baby swaddle and clothes . Baby diaper and maternity pad for us to bring home too coz its all included in the bill already .

Read more
2y ago

Thanks for sharing!!

VIP Member

Depending on how much subsidiary you'd like to enjoy. Only B2 and C class wards available during this covid period. Basic amenities will be provided. Can check out the YouTube video by KKH. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YJ8VhIGdTzU&feature=youtu.be

VIP Member

what do you specifically want to find out? they will give you a small pack of baby diapers..towels by them..bcos yr under subsidised so mostly have to bring yrself