baby fell from bed, got fever

Mom, my 5-month-old just fell from the bed:( After I picked him up and cuddled him, he calmed down and went straight to sleep, no injuries or anything, but I'm freaking out. Not long after that, he got a bit of a fever. I want to take him to the doctor, but my mom says it's unnecessary, he's just shocked from the fall. It's been days already but I'm still worried... he's a bit fussier than usual but still eats. Has anyone else been through this? Is he gonna be okay? Please help me out and don't judge or scare me with your replies. Thank you thank you thank you

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

my baby fell too and this is what polyclinic doc told me Things to check after fall to determine if should rush to a&e (search a&e fall beware): 1. Is the height above 1m 2. Did baby sustain any obvious facial bruise/injury 3. Was baby unconscious (even for a min) 4. Any bleeding from eyes, nose or ears 5. Any abnormal/uneven movements of limbs 6. Any seizure/fits 7. Any irritability (after calming and settling down, crying more than usual) 8. Loss of appetite 9. Lethargic /hard to wake baby up 10. Vomiting 11. Any big soft lumps below the skin around the skull (blood clots) 12. Not as lively as usual 13. Fever If yes to any of the above, pls go a&e

Read more

Maybe fussy cause got blue black? Monitor if there is blood clot or fever. If not, can go see doctor for assurance. I have been through this and baby is fine thankfully 😭 just never ever put them on a bed ever again and cot only or walker when not around.

I would definitely bring baby to doctor if theres fever after a fall. How is that unnecessary? Doesnt hurt to get it checked, for peace of mind. Scared theres internal bleeding?

If it puts your mind at ease, bring your baby to see a doctor. No pt worrying since u can't tell if there's anything wrong. Pay money for peace of mind is better than worrying.

follow your mother instint. since fever for day. best to bring him see doc for peace of mind. or perhap he catch some virus in sch hence the fever. dont be harsh on yourself

Oh no, I haven’t gone through this but I would bring to the doctor just to be sure though.

TapFluencer

cautious to bring ur bb & concerns to gp or polyclinic... 🙏💕