Emergency/Rescue cerclage in Singapore

This is a misfortunate for us that we lost our baby at week 17 after 5 years of marriage and both of us are in mid 38 and we are still trying to deal with it. Me wife had a severe cramping at week 17 and we rushed to KK A&E. After 1 hour waiting, the doctor examined her and said that unfortunately her cervix opened and the baby is being pushed out and was told that she is undergoing inevitable miscarriage. We both cried and she along with the physical pain, had to go through the mental pain of losing our baby. Later she was admitted in the ward and I was with her the whole time of admission (had to take ward A as she wants me to be with her), and when asked the doctor, she said it could be multiple reasons and next time when she gets pregnant we will tie the uterus (cerclage). But on asking how much the cervix got opened, the doctor said the A&E didn't record it but it could have been (assumption) that it is in state of not able to stitch it. I am still thinking about it and want to know 1. does anybody done rescue/emergency cerclage in singapore that is push the baby back and tie the cerclage, if so what was your dilation and week in such a circumstance 2. Why the A&E didn't mention the length of opening in the cervix in their report and sinply said nothing could have been done. Can readers advice whether they underwent a similar procedure and what your thoughts on it. Appreciate your response and your time.

1 Reply
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Hi there, I can’t say I understand the frustration you must be going through - but I can certainly empathise. Not knowing how or what went wrong after the loss of your baby can leave a gaping wound for many parents. Wondering if you could: a) go back to the hospital and ask for an explanation 2) ask your doctor to help you understand what really happened - ask enough questions to help you achieve a bit of closure The road to healing may be long but I’ve heard of many rainbow baby stories. This can and will only make you stronger as a couple. I honestly think everything happens for a reason and tho we may not know it now, we will be given answers in good time. My heart goes out to you and your wife. Take care.

Read more