Mother in law

MIL Wants to control everything, expect all housework to be done, expects me to be downstairs at 5 am and wait on her, vacuum and mop after she’s done and wants to control everything once my baby is born. This is my first child and I’m in my third trimester. Anyone has Any advises or stories to share? Feeling very, very angry every single day. Maybe I’m hormonal, I’m not sure. But I haven’t been able to enjoy my pregnancy lately. And I feel guilty because I’m happy, but I haven’t been feeling so good lately.

39 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Sorry to hear what you are going through. It is important to maintain a happy and healthy pregnancy, more so you are now in your third trimester. It will never be easy dealing with mil but you need to open up and share your thoughts with both your husband and mil. Let her know you are happy to hear her advices but both you and your husband will decide what’s best for your child. Make it clear that it will be your call not hers. Also, post pregnancy you’ll be very vulnerable and emotionally unstable. You need all the support from family members and not additional burden or stress. Start working out some plans of how thing would be after your delivery and set some ground rules so that everyone is on the same page. Best wishes to you mummy! Take care!!

Read more