Mil and husband

My mil nowadays keeping trying to find trouble with me. Whatever I buy things for my lo she will say something and than make my husband unhappy and keep telling my husband this and this. Since my fil passed away she keep telling my husband to 'be her husband ' ever since than I don't even have the chance to hold my husband hand. Whenever we go out she follow. Everything also dun want to do. Always disturb my lo, since she can go down buy coffee for herself why can't she buy her own food. She is 60 . My husband will scold me whenever she talk bad about me. My husband used to love me alot but now no more. What can I do??????

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hugs. Oh dear feels so sorry for you as it’s an awful feeling not to feel love from your spouse. Firstly, she’s the blood mother and secondly her best “advantage” over you is playing the victim card of losing a husband and being lonely and my DIL still acting like this (possibly what she has been telling your-husband-her-son behind your back) I agree with others that she’s jealous and scared of being alone and so possibly trying to distant you and her son, so that she can have her son back. Unfortunately she won’t understand that this is causing her son’s marriage and her grandchild’s childhood. Not good for children to grow up hearing seeing parents quarrelling and grandma finding faults with mum?! I’d prioritise my child above all and talk things out with my husband, from the perspective that it’s not healthy environment for the child and then move on to say that how it’s badly hurting you emotionally. However, if he is unable to reason things out and blindly side his mum, I’d move out back to my parents place. You too is someone’s else daughter so why should a 60yo treat you like dirt and let you get scolded by your spouse.

Read more