Compare on breastfeeding duration

Mil has been comparing me with sil on how long I breastfeed the baby. I don't produce bm as much as my sil, and I struggled to breastfeed until my baby was 6 months old. On the other hand, sil is oversupply, and she can breastfeed her 2 kids with her bm with extra supply. Mil says cause I don't take care of myself well, which caused me to be low supply on my bm. Honestly, I did all I could, but I'm at wits end when it comes to bm supply. I'm currently pregnant with no.2, and I'm scared about breastfeeding, to be honest.

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I understand how tough it can be when comparisons are made, especially about something as personal as breastfeeding. It sounds like you've been through a lot, and I want you to know that you're not alone in this journey. Firstly, every mother's breastfeeding experience is unique, just like every child is different. Comparing yourself to your sister-in-law isn't fair to you or helpful in any way. Breast milk production can vary for many reasons, including genetics, hormonal factors, and even stress levels. Since you're pregnant with your second child, it's completely normal to have concerns about breastfeeding again, especially after your previous struggles. But remember, each breastfeeding experience can be different, and there are things you can do to support your milk supply: 1. **Take Care of Yourself:** Your mother-in-law might mean well, but it's not just about how well you take care of yourself. It's essential to prioritize your own health and well-being, both physically and mentally. Make sure you're eating nutritious foods, staying hydrated, and getting enough rest. Stress can negatively impact milk supply, so find ways to relax and unwind. 2. **Seek Support:** Don't hesitate to reach out for help and support. Whether it's from a lactation consultant, a breastfeeding support group, or even other mothers who have been through similar experiences, having a support system can make a world of difference. 3. **Feed Frequently:** Nursing your baby frequently, especially in the early days, can help stimulate milk production. Let your baby nurse on demand, and try not to watch the clock too much. 4. **Skin-to-Skin Contact:** Spending time skin-to-skin with your newborn can help boost your milk supply and strengthen your bond with your baby. 5. **Consider Supplements:** If you're still struggling with milk supply despite your best efforts, there are supplements available that may help support lactation. [Here's a product](https://invl.io/cll7ha0) that could assist you in enhancing your breast milk production. Remember, breastfeeding is a journey, and it's okay to ask for help along the way. Trust yourself and your body, and do what feels right for you and your baby. You're doing an amazing job, mama, and I'm here to support you every step of the way. Mama's Choice $18 voucher 👉🏻 https://invl.io/cll6she

Read more

If you’re preg with no2, just shut her off and tell her pregnancy affects supply. It’s not her breast, not her kid and not her going thru all the hard work so don’t bother about her. Its not like who breastfeed longer the kid will be smarter? Do what you feel like doing, it’s your own body and baby, you call the shots. After I gave birth, I just shoot my mil whenever she’s being nonsensical, I am exhausted enough so I don’t need any more crap. (She’s been very tamed ever since I flared up at her once).

Read more

My mil is a pro bf. Soooo.. i get her to think that i bf for at least 6 mths. I told her at 6mths mark i started mixed feeding cos im preparing to go to work. If im at her home, i will take my baby into a room with me & "act" as if im pumping but im actually chilling. Pick your battle. Im lazy to fight or try to reason out thats its my boobs and not theirs. So end up i just tricked my way out 😂

Read more
2mo ago

This is actually both genius and hilarious haha. I love your attitude of getting around things without fuss, and both of u are happy lol

Let your hubs know of the stress you're facing. He'll need to tell his mum to back off and stop comparing. Milk supply differs for everyone, and stress is one of the factors tt affects milk supply.

Don’t give a s*** about it. Some ppl are so senseless and rude

TapFluencer

i believe i m easily stressed out hence low bm supply 😔