Menses after birth

My menses haven’t been coming since I give birth, more than 10months. I did not breastfeed my LO. And nope, did not have sex too. Anybody knows what’s going on? Have the same experience with me?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
Super Mum

Typically, women who are breastfeeding don't get their periods as quickly because of the body's hormones. Prolactin, the hormone needed to produce breast milk, can suppress reproductive hormones. As a result, you don't ovulate or release an egg for fertilization. Without this process, you most likely won't menstruate. Go see your Gyne yo be sure.

Read more
3y ago

She said she dont breastfeed. Open your eyes

mag pa check up po kayo sa OB/Gyn, to see what's going on. usually after 6wks post birth me check up yun then the doctor will say kelan ulit check up mo. para ma evaluate if everything is healing nicely and consult if you need birth control

VIP Member

For me it took 6 months to come back .. it’s quite common for after delivery. If hv doubts better to consult ur gynae

VIP Member

maybe you should consult the doctor since you are not breastfeeding and it's already more than 10mths postpartum

U can check wif gynae. For me, aft my 1st 6mths & aft 2nd is 4 mths during breastfeeding.

TapFluencer

I think it's best to check with your gynae as you are not breastfeeding