Hi all, my menses have been rather regular. i just missed my menses for 4 days yet test kit shows "not pregnant" any idea what can i do? Thanks.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Pregnancy test kit work by detecting the presence of hormone hCG in the urine. Within the first few weeks of implantation, the amount of hCG secreted by the woman’s body doubles every 48-72 hours. Hence, by 7 to 10 days after ovulation, a highly sensitive home pregnancy kit should be able to detect the hCG present in the urine. As a gauge, since not everyone is keeping track of her ovulation dates, one could take the test around one week after a missed period.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks for the advise, meaning to say, i shld try to test again abt 7-10days after missing menses? What if it shows negative again?

Hi there, experts usually recommend that you should take a pregnancy test at least one week after missing your period because it is more reliable to expect the hcg (human chorionic gonadotropin), a hormone produced by the embryo after implantation, to show in the urine. You could have conceived but the test might show negative because perhaps the implantation has not taken place.

Read more
8y ago

Hmm thanks for the advise. Because my previous pregnancy was tested positive after missing menses for 2days. Haha so now after missing for 4days yet tested negative, feeling rather annoying dono if menses is coming.

it exactly happened to me last month, my menses came late 2 weeks as compared to my usual cycle. Same as you, during the 'waiting period', all the pregnancy test results were negative (even I took the test after 10 days) and I even went to consult Dr. In the end, my menses finally 'visited' me the next day after the consultation.

Read more

Darling, our period does have irregularities. Its just 4 days. You try o check again after a month. Mean while you can only wait patiently and take care of yourself. Stress and hormones can also affect ones period. Fret not!

VIP Member

Try again after a week . Sometime menses missed does not mean you are pregnant. It can be due to your hormones inbalance or some stress in your life etc which will also affects period. Not to worry about it !

8y ago

Ok thank you. Do u know roughly how many days of missing menses is normal?

Try again after a week. Because your menses just stop never come for 2 days.sometime is too stress.

8y ago

Menses missed for 5days alrd. My last pregnancy tested positive after missing menses for 2days, yet this time round states "not pregnant" :(

Sometime menses missed is because of stress, missed a in a week is still happen.

8y ago

Thanks for the advise. Hmm... Missing for a week... Seems rather long. Cox my menses are very regular, never really missed or delay. Probably shall wait for few more days then.

Nothing you can do except wait a little more and take another test!

8y ago

True test 1 week later for accuracy. Good luck