To be or not to be

I bought a DIY test kit and tested 1 day earlier before my app said that my menses would be due ,results neg. I went to the doc cos of sorethroat but went for a urine test cos menses according to my app was 1 day late, results neg. Have been feeling nausea. Menses for past months fall on either 17th or 18th, till now menses not here yet. Chances ?

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

As its still early, at times the hcg level in our body is still not high enough for the test to be positive. It also depends on the brand of the kit that you use. I tried testing on 1st day of missed period, n I got a negative(only 1 line). The next day(2nd day of missed period), I tried again in the morning, n I got 1 clear and 1 VERY faint line. I'm very kiasu so I went to Cheers to get a new test kit brand called Predictor, it is orange in colour as it was recommended by my family. And it worked wonders! Tried again 4 hours after the morning test, n I got a clear 2 line. 😁 Immediately went to the doctor to get a blood test but result is not back in. Praying for a happy pregnancy confirmation!

Read more
3y ago

hehe, hope that you'll have great news!i used clearblue for the 1day before menses cos it claims can test for preg 4 days before period comes, 2nd test was a urine test at a doc.

better to wait for 2 weeks later after due date then test. test the earliest first pool of urine. let the urine flow abit then collect the rest to test.