Coping without a maid?

Any of you manage to cope without a maid? The moment I had my first child I found I really needed a maid already - whether working or not. Just wondering how many of you do cope without one??

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I'm a FTWM with 2 kids, age 7 and 3. Without a helper as well and no help from either side of our parents. My kids went to IFC when I'm back to work after maternity leave and had/has been with childcare/after school care thereafter. I also cook 3 to 4 times per week but other household chores we tend to close one eye during weekdays. We do light vacuuming daily and wash the clothes once every two days. Mopping floor only once a week on weekends and clean the toilet / bedsheets once in two weeks. The only challenge for us is how to divide our time to spend on the two kids with a 4yr age gap. Elder one needs guidance for school work but younger one is still at the exploration stage...So we're not hard on her yet regarding academic stuff. Of course, I have a supportive husband to share all these load with me. Bottom line is, possible to do without a helper but you probably need to sacrifice alot of me or we time.

Read more

With 1 child and am a full time working mum, i think still manageable as my hub helps out with housechores, laundry stuff etc. House may not be super clean type but at least acceptable for us. Usu do housework after child sleeps and weekends. My child goes ifc. Now 1yr plus, i jus let her eat same food as us so no need cook separately. She can self feed so we also can eat together. But coming up soon, my 2nd child will be born in edd nov. Not sure how i'll cope after that. Haha.

Read more

I have 2 kids with no maids. My hubby and I take care of household chores and of the children plus get a PT helper to come in once every 2 weeks. It will be nice to have an extra pair of hands but felt that the cons of getting a maid (all those horror stories of them running away, stealing etc) outweigh the only con of having extra help. Just my 2 cents worth...

Read more

I am a SAHM, I never think of having a maid maybe I don't trust them in taking care of my LO. Is tiring and stressful but still manageable. My husband don't really help much, so I am doing almost everything.