Being a mother of two young children

Anyone a mother of a 2yr old and an infant without maid or much family support (just you and husband)? How do you cope? What about work? Did you work part time?#pleasehelp

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

hi, both my husband and I are full time working. we send our 2 year old to childcare and plan to send our newborn (1 week old) to infant care once I go back to work. my husband and I split chores and we have routine, routine, routine. sleep trained elder daughter and plan to for younger. this helps us to 'regain our nights'. helps to have this time for husband and I to have 'me time and couple time'. my husband cooks dinner 3-4 times a week. leaving me to be able to play and hang out with the elder one while the younger snoozes. we timed breastfeeding and naps to optimize time with each child. not easy, and I'm mentally prepared that the schedule will keep evolving as the younger one reduces sleep needs. teaching elder daughter to be as independent as possible helps. good luck!

Read more
3y ago

thank you, when you and your husband cook dinner for the family is it a big portion seperated for two-three days? otherwise are you rushing to go back home to cook/ fetch kids?

I am a mother of 1 year and 6 months old. Pregnant unexpectedly too #3 Without maid and no family support. So far everything is fine. My husband is the only one working because I can't work due to risk in #3 pregnancy. I help my husband in handling finance / saving money cause I'm good at handling money and doing calculation etc.

Read more
Super Mum

My husband quit his job completely and he’s taking care of the 2 kids. I’m working full time. Taking care of 2 kids is full time work. I suggest you don’t work part time for now if you don’t have extra help. It’s tough enough with childcare and household chores.