Anyone experience excessive baby movement like nonstop for 3 4 hours? Does this mean labour is near?

Low blood count

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes, my baby is also super super active. They say babies sleep in the womb 50% of the time and is awake 50% of the time. But I always feel my baby is awake and moving around 80% of the time. Even when I’m asleep sometimes I can feel him kicking like crazy but too tired to care. And when I wake up he’s still kicking. I hardly ever feel he’s not moving so I didn’t bother counting kicks. Am currently 29 weeks now and this has been ongoing since I can start feeling strong fetal movements. I don’t think it means labour is near. I was concerned at first but gynae always reassure that an active baby is very good and healthy. So kinda ease my mind a little.

Read more

Not sure, I'm FTM so can't advice you on this, but then my baby, at 25 weeks now, has periods of time where it kicks and moves nonstop for 3,4 hours and more! Yesterday my little one didn't let me sleep at all! Even after I wake up, go to work, and until my lunch time! My baby has always been very active, even before my 18 week checkup, and there were no irregularities found~ So I believe it should be fine~

Read more

Nope. Baby active can be either you took sweet stuffs or you are anxious. It will cause baby to move a lot. For my baby, she moves a lot when I watch movies and get too excited haha

Yupss, currently 26 weeks and baby is so active for a long period of time. And nope does not mean labour is near. Its a good sign that baby is active.

no.. it just means baby is active. it’s a good thing.