My LO starting solid soon, I need opinions is it better to do it manually or using baby food maker. If let say using baby food maker, which brand is better? Beaba solo or Philips avent? I've seen beaba is very light while Philips a little bit bulky and not sure whether Philips Avent is bpa free or not as is not stated on the packaging. Thank you for your opinion :) I am very confused on which decision should I choose.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

Hmmm. I will say don't waste your money!! I was told it's good to have. And i used it once everyday 3 days, as i make 3 day rules portion. After 9 months, more of less, you are starting Porridge, i don't think you want to blend the porridge too. It's not recommend to give too fine texture to baby, if they get used to it, and lazy to chew, do u know you will have problems feeding rice, noodles, table food after 1 years old. No1 i used it and kept after starting porridge. No2, i totally didn't used it, instead i steam and mash manually and he is taking noodles, meat, fruits, etc very well. After you steam, most of the food is easy to mash. I will suggest you to get NUK mash and serve bowl. Cheap good and easy. Some food like potato, pear, after steam is very soft, hence easy to mash. (In fact, no2 i feel i'm more lazy to set up everything and freeze and defrost and wash so many parts and have to use vinegar to wash the inner part(blender) once of awhile. Manually is easier to make baby food instead.) Manually is good, easy to try BLW together too.

Read more
Post reply image
8y ago

Yes. And the lifespan is very short, when you start porridge, you wouldn't want to blend everything and give. And chewing is one of the method to help baby to talk earlier and faster too. When you go check out the blender, ask about the cleaning, have

I asked around before buying the Phillips one. It is very useful! I steam my oats and rice with it too when I am lazy. My mom was very skeptical initially but now she loves it! Just be careful with the blade when you wash it... It is v sharp and my husband suffered a really deep cut

8y ago

Did you ask abt beaba? Hehe... Because I find beaba is light. I did go to kiddy palace and the staff there recommend Philips. And is Philips bpa free?

Baby food makers are good! More convenient! Philips is quite good and efficient for me and has worked well! Excited to hear what other mummies think

To be honest I didn't check that out. I just asked for reviews for the Phillips blender. No idea if it is bpa free... It should be since it is for kids?

It's not a need. But definitely nice to have. I prefer doing it manually. I had it for my older boy, second child i didn't bother ready.