My lo has diarrhea for 4 days. Went to pd and kkh they only can give probiotic.. Any remedy available? LO is 7m old. Butt is red and painful with rash...

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Yes usually for diarrhea pd will prescribe probiotics. My LO was previously given biogaia 5 drops 2x a day when he had diarehea. Are you breastfeeding or formula feeding? If you're formula feeding, you can try to switch to soy milk temporarily. As for food, you can follow the BRAT diet - banana, rice, applesauce, and toast -BRAT is suppose to help with recovery of stomach upset or diarrhea as these are "binding food". Finally please ensure you LO is drinking sufficient liquid and watch out for signs of dehydration. If at any time you think your child is dehydrated, pls bring to the hospital to be put on the drip. For red butt and rash, try to wash and air-dry your LO butt instead of using wipes. After it dries, use diaper rash cream - desitin purple is quite a popular choice for very bad rash Wishing your LO speedy recovery.

Read more
VIP Member

I give usana probiotics coz Usana probiotics contains BB12 and LGG which are similar to the good bacteria that are part of a natural gut flora (primarily found in the colon). Dozens of studies on these strains have demonstrated benefits for digestive health and immunity. These strains are so effective, in part, because they survive transit through the harsh, acidic environment of the stomach to colonize the intestines. Reaching the intestines alive is essential for getting results from your probiotic. Can help improve the diarrhoea. As for butt redness. Try using sudocrem antiseptic cream that can be found in pharmacies like watsons or guardian. Heal quite fast..

Read more

For the nappy rash, wash immediately after baby poos. Or sit your baby in a room temp water bath. After that let her butt air dry a bit before wearing diapers. Apply desitin purple tube one. Keep your LO hydrated between milk and water. I actually do not think should give babies fruits or veggies when they have diarrhea because that will aggravate the diarrhea. Some watery porridge but if he is not hungry milk will be fine. We adults don't eat much When we have diarrhea too. It is best for the tummy to clear itself of the bacteria first before taking in more food. Hope your LO recovers soon.

Read more

My LO had stomach flu 3 weeks ago. Also had diarrhea. Butt was red too. PD prescribed lactofort (probiotics) and for diet, she said jus plain porridge with fish. Don't add veggies yet . Don't give fruit yet too. As for milk, either convert to soy formula or half strength milk first. As for the butt, we apply organic pure virgin coconut oil.. It is v effective.

Read more

1. Keep LO hydrated 2. Stay away from sugary stuffs 3. Fruits and vegetables, maintaining a light and plain diet if baby is taking solids 4. Diaper regular change 5. Lots of cuddles and patience These are some suggestions for you. You must be having a tough time, nevertheless, lots of love and patience will tide you through. Hang on dear.

Read more
VIP Member

There is no meds for diaheera for kids due to the side effects (i read it in kkh brochure) Importantly keep your child hydrated, offer them whatever they want. As for the butt, try to air it whenever possible to keep it dry

Read more
7y ago

But doesn't it help firm up the stools?

For the rash, I would suggest to avoid using the diaper for a couple of days and use cloth nappies till LO feels better along with the powder, cream and loads of love.

I find that with nappy rash keeping the area dry helped. I always apply powder and pat gently. It heals super quick.