Starting Solid

My LO gonna start solid soon. Mummies who cook own porridge for your LO mind sharing your recipe..

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I use only normal rice for baby porridge because some articles claim baby rice tend to have higher level of arsenic (bit confuse so best to soak any rice for few hours before cooking). I blanch 1-2 finger long pork bone with hot water and then use them for cooking porridge. It has lot calcium and other minerals needed for active baby learning to stand and crawl. Alternatively, you can also make bone broth from other sources and use them for porridge base. Then add carrot, scallops, dried oysters or other desired ingredients into it if you want.

Read more
VIP Member

I used organic baby germ rice to cook baby porridge because it is more nutritious and stickier than normal rice. I usually just add Balai thread fish or minced meat together with the washed rice in the rice cooker.

4y ago

You can blend to purée the porridge after it’s cooked. Can add vegetables like carrots or pumpkin into the porridge and then blend too. If not, you can try feeding Gerber organic oatmeal cereal (mix with milk) to see if baby has lost the tongue thrust reflex and can swallow. Do a food log and try a new food at a time continuously for 3 days. This is to monitor and check if baby is sensitive or allergic to any food.