Not interested in food?

Hi all. My LO is 8MO. I've been feeding him Gerber cereal (started of with just oatmeal or rice with some purees and introduced the flavoured ones when he was 7MO) since he was 6MO. I can't cook or make his food from scratch as im living with my in laws and it's a hassle because of the condition of the kitchen and space constraint therefore i sought to feeding him Gerber cereals.. tried introducing Cerelac but he had an allergic reaction. Is it okay to just feed him these instant organic cereals instead of making food from scratch with fresh produce? I'm waiting for my own flat, in about 2 months time. And will start making my own food then. I understand babies main source of nutrients still comes from breastmilk. So im just wondering if its okay to just feed cereals..

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi, no problem with the Instant food. Because it contains all the vitamins etc that baby needs now. Maybe should let the baby try fresh food like banana? Just mash it, dont need to cook. And other food that dont need to cook like Avocado, prune, silken tofu. U can mix to the cereal so that baby can try more flavor of food. Some time, i will mix oatmeal gerber with banana, oatmeal gerber with avocado/prune. I just use fork to mash the prune.

Read more
Super Mum

You can also buy fruit purees (Gerber/Heinz/Bellamys, etc) and even things like ready made meat based food for babies eg. Heinz’s beef and vegetable casserole. This gives baby a variety of tastes/textures and nutrients. I also let my LO have baby biscuits eg. Baby bites and yoghurt melts/Gerber puffs

Read more

There're many bottled pastas for babies in the supermarket. They can be fed from 8 months onwards. It'll be good to start introducing textured food to baby.

VIP Member

Yes, it’s fine to feed cereals which has fortified iron for now. You can start making food when you have your own place :)

TapFluencer

Baby will get sick of it very soon. Why not get food pouch

TapFluencer

Good to try a variety of fruits and veggie

VIP Member

Try simple fruits like banana and avocado