Colic in Babies, Should we consult doctor?

My LO is 8 weeks old and he has been having episodes of uncontrollable screaming. I read about Colic and I believe that that's what we are experiencing. I am becoming helpless and sometimes even pacifiers don't help. I am worried about him as he's been loosing weight over the past week. Should I consult a doctor or wait for it to go away as he gets older??

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

It can be due to many reason baby have colic. Stomach upset, swallowing too much air when feeding, etc. It will happened at certain period of time and recurring process. It can lead to other health factor. You can consult doctor if you are really worried but you can try to see other remedies to soothe baby like turning lullaby, baby wearing, proper tummy massage, bicycle routine for leg, etc. Unfortunately, most babies do have colic at the early stage and I experience it myself for my first child. She cried past midnight till morning. We tried all methods till she is tired and fall asleep.

Read more
2y ago

Thank you

I believe I saw baby probiotics drops which helps baby with colic. Just need to give 5 drops per day either by mouth or put into baby's milk. I personally have not tried it but you can check it out as there are many reviews. The brand is called BioGaia.