Refuse to drink EBM from bottle

My lo is 5 mths old now. Don’t know why she suddenly refused to drink EBM frm bottle :( She is hungry and eat her feet n suck her fingers. But she just don’t want feed frm bottle.im only able to feed her once she sleep. Please help. :)

2 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Mine didn’t want any kind of bottle. At 3 months old I bring her to KKH to consult a PD. Due to my baby’s weight is around 90% she ask me not to worry when she is hungry she will drink as I’m putting her with my Mother in law when i return to work the following month. Now she is 6 months coming 7 , she is still not taking any bottle. PD said we can start solids at 4 month old. So during week days she eats rice purée mix with breast milk during the day. And I breastfeed her during the night. Right now we increase her feed to 2 times a days after she is 6 months. It worked out well for me. Just that she wakes up a lot of times during the night.

Read more
5y ago

My LO still latches on at night. She hates the taste of formula. She would vomit if you try to stick a bottle of formula in her mouth.

VIP Member

have you tried feeding using spoon or cup?

5y ago

I’m tried. But she don’t want :(