Meal plan

My lo is 1yo and not eating well. Almost Everyday she only eat 1 meal and 3-5 spoons during dinner time. Please share how much food a 1 yo should be eating. TIA

9 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Fussy eating is always a big worry for many mummies. My son was a fussy eater for a year plus. He only likes to eat fruits which may sound great but too much of anything isn’t. So I put raisins in his rice to encourage him to eat.. made fruity sauces which can be eaten with chicken, meat etc and also smoothies to include veggies. Keep introducing new foods alongside those that your lo already like. Some people would advice you to let her play with the food eg soft fruits or veggies for her to grab and feel the texture etc.. this is to introduce the food and allow her to play and get familiar with it. Also, look at her diet from a weekly point of view rather than daily. So in a week, if she has eaten some carbs, proteins, veges, fruits... then it’s a balanced diet already! if she is eating only small quantities, it is ok! Just keep offering different foods even if she rejects it. Allow her to decide how much she wants to eat. Also, if she is still drinking milk or breastfed... she is still getting her daily nutrients so don’t worry. When she gets older, you can start to reduce her milk intake.

Read more
4y ago

Thanks for the tip! I am trying to offer her new food now. Hoping for the day she will eat normally. It’s so demoralising and sad to see all the food go to waste at the end of the day. Sigh

Super Mum

3 meals a day, 1 bowl of food each time If you want, some snacks in between meals too. Continue with milk feeds, maybe about 4 feeds a day. My LO doesn’t like to eat a lot of the same thing, so I give her a little bit of many different things each meal. I don’t make 1 bowl of porridge and put everything in.. she gets like 4 dishes and I alternate them between spoons. Try playing around with different tastes and textures too:) Baby is more willing to try new food till 18 months, so train your little one as much as you can:)

Read more

My son is a picky and fussy eater too . But I would eat with him on the same table to encourage him to eat more . My 17 months old takes about 8-10 spoons . But I let him have 3 meals a day and 2 snacks in between , with 4 feed of formula milk , plus water every now and then to make sure he is not dehydrated with our hot weather . He is not gaining any weight but he maintain the same weight now .

Read more
4y ago

Ah same! She didn’t gain any weight since the 9 months check.

Super Mum

My LO is total opposite from yours. She loves to eat solid but hates milk. Maybe you can try adding milk to her food and see if she likes it. Eg: Pancake, creamy pumpkin soup, mac and cheese.

TapFluencer

my baby can eat 1 full bowl since 7 montha old. at 1years old she's having 2 meal a day. every baby is different maybe your baby prefers drinking milk.

my son like that too... it's really stressful for me if he don't want eat. so try to give some baby snack or biscuit like (Marie biscuit) & fruits.

4y ago

Yes! I agree! It’s very stressful for me too. To the point that I don’t enjoy feeding her anymore and there’s a lot of food wastage. She never seems to be hungry or interested in food. I’m afraid giving too much snacks will lead to her thinking it’s ok if I don’t eat cause mummy will give me snacks.

Super Mum

I put anchovies and meat in the porridge and my baby near to 1 year loves it

VIP Member

My son also has similar eating habits

4y ago

How old is your lo?

my son is also same