My LO is 1 month plus. He is mostly on formula and sometime i latch him . He is having constipation. What should I do? Must I give him a bit of plain water? How much wat3r should I give him since he is still a newborn?

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

some people do give some extra water when their child is on formula milk - not too much though. the other option is to change to a different brand formula water to see if it digest better for the child. my child used to get quite heaty and constipated with s26, however, when i changed him to similac he was ok. you can also give gripe water and put ruyi oil. besides that, some exercise will be good to ease their bowels. Exercises to Help Relieve Infant Constipation include: Tummy Massage – Gently massage and rub baby’s tummy in a clockwise direction. Place your hands at baby’s navel and massage in a circular motion, moving your hand(s) out and away from the center of baby’s belly. Bicycle Legs – Place your baby on her back and lightly hold her legs in a half-bent position. Gently begin to move your baby’s legs as if she is riding a bicycle. Alternate “Bicycle Legs” with Tummy Massage. *”Bicycle Legs” also may help to relieve a baby who is gassy. A Warm Bath – Some medical professionals suggest giving your constipated baby a warm bath. The thought is that this may help relax baby and “get things moving” again. Give a tummy massage as you are drying baby. Read more at http://wholesomebabyfood.momtastic.com/constip.htm#42jcHd4MfO3WVsbp.99

Read more