2nd Pregnancy Scan

My LMP was on 7 Feb 2023. On 28 Mar'23, I had brown discharge and on the same afternoon I went for my 1st gynaecology appointment. Gyne did abdominal and vaginal scan, only sac could be seen. Base on scan i was 4 weeks pregnant. Gyne prescribed me with dydrogesterone for 2 weeks to support the pregnancy and help with the discharge as I previously had a miscarriage on Oct'22. Next gynaecologist appt was scheduled on 11 Apr'22. Since 28 Mar'23, whenever I pee, there is brown discharge and yesterday 5 Apr'23, I experience 1st episode of bleeding of fresh blood on the tissue... @ night I went to SGH A&E, they did abdominal and vaginal scan. Base on scan I'm 5weeks 6days and there is fetal pole. Docotor mention there is no heart beat yet as it still early but he did mention its threaten miscarriage and advised me to continue taking dydrogesterone and to see my gynaecologist on the scheduled date. He did mention if I continue to bleed high chance that I bleed the 'tissue'out. Today when I pee saw blood clots... getting very worried... any mummies experience this??? #advicepls #firsttimemom

2nd Pregnancy Scan
3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I also had a bit of brownish discharge at week 5. I discovered my pregnancy after testing, but discharge stopped after I changed my panty liner and rushed to NUH A&E. I saw gestational sac at my 1st scan. Fetal pole at 2nd scan. Finally, at week 6 plus or 7 plus some flickering and Dr. said that the baby heart beat. It was really nice of her to maximise the audio, and I heard watery sound beating fast. Now, at week 8 going 9 I am still hoping for the best as mine is a high-risk pregnancy. I'm hoping for no abnormalities or Down syndrome result, cause I have a higher chance at my age. Next week, scan will be dating scan for EDD and 1st abnormalities check. I wish you and myself all the best

Read more
Post reply image
1y ago

@ Chng Lay Peng, I'm trying not stress myself but at times its difficult not to think abt it. just worried

I ever did vaginal scan n after that i bled blood clots out (palm sized) so i got really worried and went A&E. Thank god every thing was ok and i delivered. Hoping the best for u!

1y ago

I'm just hoping for the best

hi, I am just curious to know what was the results after visit your gynae. Any good news I am just curious to know your experience as I am 11 weeks pregnant now..