Bleeding during 1st Trimester

Hi, mummies can I check usually how long will there be spotting/bleeding during 1st trimester? I'm currently on dydrogesterone for 3 times a day have been taking it since 28 Mar, the 2 weeks of medication will be ending tomorrow and tomorrow is also my next gynaecologist appt... base on Lmp I'm suppose to be 8 weeks 6days pregnant but base on the scan I did on 5 Apr, I'm only 5weeks pregnant... back in Oct'22, I had a miscarriage... thus feeling very worried and anxious... as of now I still feel nausea and tenderness in breast. #firsttimemom #advicepls

4 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Hi Razeena, I will also be having my official trimester scanning today and just finished my duphaston. I think Kk timed it well for 2 weeks. I had days with slight brown discharge too and took some photos to share with gynae later. Currently on my 10th week and I have the same fears as you as I also haven't reached week 12. I don't get nauseous, though I do get constipation and increased urination. Just want to wish you and I all the best and let's try not to overthink this. :) baby will feel it too whatever we are feeling. sounds like u still have symptoms of pregnancy so it is a positive thing.

Read more
12mo ago

I have the same symptoms like you. Including insomnia

I feel the same. I called kkh for Medi duphaston top up. nurse says no bleed no need eat so from 3x a day I'm on 1x a day

That time i was worried so i continue to take duphaston. Gynae was ok for me to continue to take too.

For the norms, there shouldn’t be any spotting/bleeding regardless of trimester..

1y ago

thanks for the reply, shall see wat the gyne says tmr