Hi, is listening to classical music good for unborn baby? I am currently going 8 months. But everytime when i listen to the classical music I fall asleep. Don't know if baby is listening or sleeping with me? So now I choose to watch drama to ease my boredom. My mom told me my baby will come out to be a fan of drama if I keep watching. Haiz..

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Ur mother has a good sense of humor. Not sure what the definition of good is but there are just too many recommendations for preggers huh? Research shows that baby's brain is stimulated when exposed to sound/noise whether or not they are sleeping (actually they are sleeping a lot inside anyway - that Shld answer ur question). Baby's brain signals shows signs of recognition and are soothed when they listen to the same music they heard when in the womb - so some pple use this theory to establish the "bedtime" playlist for baby when baby is born. So provided u have been playing the same few music over and over again over many days. Whether baby will become smarter, more musically inclined, speak crawl or walk faster - it really depends a lot on what u expose baby to when baby arrives. Classical music is recommended also because it is supposedly soothing and calming and calms the pregnant mother which helps to calm the baby (more of the emotional training) If baby arrives and u can still find time to watch drama infront of the baby, then baby will likely love tv too since it's giving out light and "speaking" instead of quality time of mummy singing or speaking To baby

Read more
VIP Member

Haha omg, while I can't answer whether your baby is listening or sleeping - I can tell you that whatever you listen to, your baby would grow familiar to it! The reason behind it is simple - they actually start learning the language we use and understanding Mummy's words while they're in our womb, hence some people warn against using vulgarities while being pregnant. As for what you should listen to, do what makes you happy - and remember what it is, because one day it'll help to soothe your child! I loved JJ Lin and Running Man, so those were what I listened to and watched - when my son was an infant, JJ Lin songs actually helped to soothe him and put him to sleep! When he was 8-9 months old, he enjoyed LAUGHING at Running Man with me :X

Read more

If you're planning on hiring musicians for your wedding, know that musicians are professionals who have been https://www.shopmegakaraoke.com/collections/shure-wireless-microphones performing professionally since they were young. They understand all aspects of performing on stage and have built up a reputation for being able to deliver flawless performances year after year. That reputation has allowed them expand their range and develop excellent customer service skills while expanding their client base because they're working hard on making sure they're always delivering top quality experiences for their clients. Here's how musicians can help set your wedding apart from everyone else:

Read more

Anything good is good for ur child. Also don't forget, ur child will get ur genes. Be it dominant or recessive. If u fall asleep ok. But ur child will listen. I used to watch cooking shows and Grimm seasons and biblical movies. My daughter came out and enjoys cooking shows and Jesus and worship. When I get to to watch Grimm with me. The nicer parts, she turn away. 😂😂. She hates Grimm. So just watch all the shows, read books and talk constructive issues. Ur child will come out great! All the best mummy!!!

Read more

One of the kids gym class teachers told me nursery rhymes is best for babies to develop both their left and right brains. The music beats develop the right brains while the singing develop the left brains for language. Therefore choose music with singing in it. That said it doesn't have to be nursery rhymes , you can probably also play adult songs just that the lyrics need to be appropriate.

Read more

Every night before my lo is born, I on nursery rhymes all the way till I fall asleep. And now he is born, he just listen to that nursery rhymes that I on during pregnancy only. Others he doesn't really want to listen. Hahaha.

VIP Member

Listen to whatever you like. When i had my #1, i listen to kpop a lot. When my #1 was born and he happened to be cranky, i turn on kpop music to calm myself. He actually stop whining and smile!

This is funny when your mom say baby will be a fan drama due to you overwatching. My thoughts are if that was true, we would all do something that we want baby to be.