My lips are very dry for some reason I don't know. What remedies can I do about this?

12 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I use this Lip Therapy from Vaseline. Pretty affordable and does the job. From dry, I now have supple puckers. I also do exfoliating by brushing my lips lightly to get rid of dead skin cells. It's also important to drink lots of water! Dry lips is one of the signs of dehydration so look out for it.

Post reply image

We share the same problem. I regularly use lip balm to moisturize my lips. My aunt also advised me to apply a thin layer of petroleum jelly 2 times a day, during morning and night. It helped in soothing my lips which prevented it to dry and chap. My lips are now obtaining a natural-looking shine.

One of the usual causes of chapped lips is dehydration so always make sure you keep yourself hydrated by drinking lots of water. I had the same case before and I apply petroleum jelly twice a day (morning and night time) and always have my fave Burts Bees lip balm handy.

Drink lots of water and use petroleum jelly--I've observed that some lip balms leave my lips dryer than before so just regular petroleum jelly is my go-to. You should also try exfoliating your lips with a gentle lip scrub or with a toothbrush.

I usually apply this method, and it takes off the dead skin from my lips leaving it really smooth! http://everydayroots.com/homemade-lip-exfoliator or another method you can try is, with a toothbrush, gently rub your lips to exfoliate!

Read more

I just regularly exfoliate them using my good old toothbrush. Whenever I brush my teeth, I make sure to lightly brush my lips too to get rid of the dryness. On several occasions that my lips feel very dry than usual, I use EOS lip balm.

I definitely have dry lips so that's why I know you should try and invest in a good lip balm! If you're a fan of minty cool lip balms; Carmex and Burt's Bees are my favorite. They really worked wonders for me. :)

VIP Member

Petroleum jelly at night works best for me! The next day you can rub off the dry skin with just your wet finger, like brushing your teeth. Do this nightly and you'll love how plump your lips will be! :)

Loads of water may help. It's a sign that tells you what's going underneath your body. Also, I've read that the more you wet your lips, the more it can dry out. You can use Chapstick for it

My wife used to have a DIY lip scrub, as she called it. She used brown sugar, lemon and honey. Just combined it together and scrub her lips every night. It works like wonders