Maternity leave

Hi, like to know how do first time mum spent the 3 months maternity leave? Other then take care of baby. Do you have me time?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

For me, first month was easier to have me time, with confinement nanny around and baby sleeping alot. There are small pockets of free time when baby is sleeping or nanny taking care to do what you want to do in between feeds or pumping. 2nd month which is month after Nanny left is the hardest esp when trying to figure out and build up a daily routine. But it is possible to have small pockets of time when baby is sleeping. 3rd month baby besides sleep and eat start demanding play time. Naps are also shorter so less time for Mommy to do what you like. For longer me time to do things like going out with friends, going hair salon, will need support from husband and family (i.e. your village!) and also a good portable pump if you are breastfeeding. I went out for a day to do my hair and another evening to meet friends etc after ensuring that my husband or other caregivers are able to take care of baby in my absence. Also do remember your husband needs his me time too and allow him to go out apart from work to take breaks too! from 3rd month I also started taking baby out myself or wifh my husband to various places (start with close places and short periods and slowly further and longer periods).

Read more

No me time unless you have people to help take care of baby So that you can have free time. Babies are very needy at that age which is natural development. Depends what you term as me time. For me, it’s quietly reading my kindle on phone or scroll IG aimlessly. If you’re happy with that, you will have some pockets me time in the sense when your latching or pumping or when baby is sleeping soundly.

Read more

What is me time? I redefined mine when I become a mom 🤣🤣🤣🤣 My me time is when my parents are watching over the baby while I pump, but I will still need to step in if the baby is cranky. Toilet time is the only true me time now, but I’m always alert and listen to what’s going on with the baby. So, you might need to redefine your me time, things are different from the childless days.

Read more

No me time when you have a baby 🥵🥵

yes. put bb in ifc 2nd month