Can a pregnant lady at week 15 do pedicure? Normal classic. Non-gel.

31 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Lots of my pregnant friends go for manicures -- if you get your nails done in a salon, make sure it’s a well-ventilated one cos the fumes might make you queasy. Also make sure that the salon is one that is well-reputed for its quality and cleanliness. As long as you don't feel nauseous because of the smell of nail polish like one of my friends, it should be okay.

Read more
8y ago

Thanks!

I think best to avoid as the chemicals may be absorbed into your nose. Even if not from your nails per se, it may be chemicals in the entire nail salon that you’re sniffing in, so best to wear a mask. Covering skin is not really necessary as the polish is not applied on your skin and should not weep into your skin to be absorbed into your body.

Read more

hmm.. one of my friends ever asked her gynae the same question and her doctor told her it's fine to go for it. haha.. still.. she is quite worried and stopped when she was into her 3rd trimester.

8y ago

Thanks!

Should be fine to do pedicure but I wouldn't do so due to long hour of sitting at the salon and smelling those polish smell

TapFluencer

I did gel all the way till 32 weeks and normal polish till 34 weeks. I think it's personal preference no issue for me

Yes of course! Whether its normal, gel manicure or pedicure. Green light! It also works as therapy. :) have fun

VIP Member

I did. 😅 But if you’re almost due and going for c-sect, best to avoid. The Nurses will remove it before c-section.

4y ago

They would like to monitor oxygen and blood flow. If your toes turn blue then it’s a bad sign...they wouldn’t see if it’s covered.

VIP Member

I did it by myself...maybe just buy authentic products, not those very cheap products being sold at the streets.

VIP Member

To avoid pedicure as the nail polish contain chemicals which can be harmful to the fetus development.

Just do. Most nail Places are pretty good and hygienic these days. I did it through my pregnancy