Yeast infection at 28wks

Last week I found out that the skin ard my vagina was largely tender and raised. I brushed it off thinking it could be nothing. Two days later, it became so red, itchy and the skin was shedding. There was a white cast on the skin. My husband googled and said it could be a yeast infection. I read that high estrogen could alter the balance of bacteria and yeast, causing this. We also found that tea tree oil could help so I started using it . Though it helped with the itch, using it neat made me uncomfortable. The oil was very hot. Later I found that I should have diluted it w a carrier oil. When I did, I felt so much better. Today is my 6th day. While I did go to the GP on the 4th day and was prescribed a broad spectrum anti fungal cream, I just wanted to share that tea tree oil also works. Just putting it out there because I couldn't find any related post about this when I was searching.

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Went to see the doctor she prescribed me 1 vaginal suppository (miconazole) and clotrimazole cream to apply twice a day. Now it feels better, but the first time I used it. It was so uncomfortable. Do you also notice the discharge coming out when you pee?

Which cream did your doctor prescribe? I think i have the same thing but it just feels burning. I’m 32 weeks now.

3mo ago

Just for 2 days then i drank lots of water then now it feels better.

thanks for sharing