Sa mother or sa father?

Kung maghiwalay man ang mag live in partner kanino mapupunta ang baby sa father or mother? At nga pala, yung apelyido po nya magagamit pa rin ba sa baby or hindi na po? Kasi hindi pa ako nag apply for birth certificate ng baby but sa hospital yung parang birth certificate na form binigay sa akin nung nanganak ako andun na pangalan ni lip at nagamit apelyido ni lip ko sa name ni baby, Pwede pa ba matanggal yun? At pwede po ba mabago name ng baby? Please help me po. 😭 #advicepls #pleasehelp

37 Replies
 profile icon
Magsulat ng reply
TapFluencer

When it comes to parents who are separated, such as in your case, Article 213 of the law states that parental authority shall be exercised by the parent designated by the court after taking into account all relevant considerations. The same provision states: No child under seven years of age shall be separated from the mother unless the court finds compelling reason to order otherwise (Art. 213, Id.). EADLINES NATION REGIONS OPINION BUSINESS WORLD SPORTS LIFESTYLE ENTERTAINMENT THE SUNDAY TIMES 122ND ANNIVERSARY PUBLIC SQUARE SPECIAL SECTIONS THE MANILA TIMES 500 The Manila Times Online | Home logo Mothers given priority in taking custody of children below 7 years old Persida Acosta By PERSIDA ACOSTA October 10, 2016 Persida Acosta Persida Acosta Dear PAO, I have a four-year-old son with my ex-girlfriend. We used to live togethe but we are now separated. Our son has been living with her since then. I recently found out that she is now pregnant but the identity of the father is uncertain since she is allegedly dating three guys at the same time. Considering my ex-girlfriend’s promiscuous activities and penchant for engaging in polygamous relationships, I now want to have full custody over my son. Can I remove my ex-girlfriend’s custodial rights because of this? I fear that her activities may badly influence our child’s development. Please advise me. Jeremy Dear Jeremy, Considering your desire to claim custody and exercise parental authority over your son, it is important that we refer to what the Family Code of the Philippines provides in this regard. According to the law, the “father and the mother shall jointly exercise parental authority over the persons of their common children. xxx” (Article 211, Ibid.). When it comes to parents who are separated, such as in your case, Article 213 of the law states that parental authority shall be exercised by the parent designated by the court after taking into account all relevant considerations. Tthe same provision states: No child under seven years of age shall be separated from the mother unless the court finds compelling reason to order otherwise (Art. 213, Id.). From this provision alone, it is clear that the law gives priority to the mothers when it comes to the custody of their children who are under seven years old. The only exception is when the court finds compelling reason to take away the custodial rights of the mother. “Only the most compelling of reasons shall justify the court’s awarding the custody of such a child to someone other than his mother, such as her unfitness to exercise sole parental authority. In the past the following grounds have been considered ample justification to deprive a mother of custody and parental authority: neglect, abandonment, unemployment and immorality, habitual drunkenness, drug addiction, maltreatment of the child, insanity and being sick with a communicable disease” (Perez vs. Court of Appeals, G.R. No. 118870, March 29, 1996, penned by former Associate Justice Flerida Ruth Pineda-Romero) Emphasis supplied. This then begs the question as to what constitutes as compelling reasons that may result in the removal of the custodial rights from the mother. According to the Supreme Court:

Magbasa pa
3y ago

thank you napaka linaw naman po, sis pa check ng edited ko po if may idea po kayo please help.

VIP Member

sa mommy. kase as per the law, dapat nasa custody pa ng mother ang bata below 7years old. pero may mga batayan din yan. if hindi capable ang mom to take care of the child, lalo kung may psychological problem or minamaltrato or pinababayaan ang bata, may rights ang father para makuha yung custody ng bata.

Magbasa pa

mother po. Kase under 7 years of age ang bata po is dapat nasa side ni mother. Pag tumungtong ng right age, tsaka naman na pwedeng tanungin ang bata kung saan niya gusto or pwede naman po hiraman kayo kase anak niyo pa rin po parehas yan. Para wala nalang pong maging conflict

VIP Member

Kung hindi po kasal nasa mother po ang custody ni baby hanggang mag 7 years old po siya pero kung kasal naman pod shared custody po kayo ng father ni baby. Ibig sabihin pareho kayong may karapatan sa anak ninyo.

Technically sa mommy, that is what the law provides, unless otherwise he will file for a custody. Sa apelyedo naman po, may ways naman but, it goes with a very long and tedious process.

Full custody ay sa mother po since you are just live in partner. While the father is at least entitled for visitation rights.

sa mommy. hayaan mo ng gamitin ni baby ang father's name nia, tutal sayo nmn si baby lalo n d kyo kasal

Sa mom po, unless the child is 7 or older pwede na sya pumili kung kanino sya sasama.

sa mommy .. Kung 7years old na Ang bata nasaknya Kung kanino nya gustong sumama

VIP Member

If 7yo below and bata, automatic sa mother. If older than that, choice ng bata.