Jtr. I feel so emo. My friend just comment that she feel sad for me while seeing how I take care of my lo. Because my lo need me to carry him while standing up. And she said that's so tough and like a torture. It's hurt me badly. It is really not a torture. In fact I enjoy my motherhood life pretty much. It's all worth it seeing the laughter and smile of ur kids. I guess someday I might be losing my friends one by one. Cause I can't take their comment much as they are unable to feel what I feel. I am unable to make them feel how it's felt unless they are a mother of themselves too.

8 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply
VIP Member

I lost the ability to connect with many of my friends because of the lack of common topic - they're mainly in the army or university now, while I'm raising a 2-year-old and working from home. What I do is just cut out the toxic people or the "pretend to care" people, which is relatively easy because as a parent, I hardly reply messages on time - so people who don't put in the effort to catch up with just drift apart from me. But I don't mind, because I'd rather spend time and effort on those who does the same for me! Don't worry because you'd make new mummy friends, and even so, you'd have to keep a lookout too - stay away from toxic mums :)

Read more