How do you find a suitable gyane

I’ve been told to try diff gyanes before choosing one I’m comfortable with. How do you space the visits out? Each visit is approx $200 for consult and a scan. I can’t afford to go to diff gynaes every week.

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I think first u must have an idea whether what’s ur preference - gynae who shows more TLC vs those who don’t talk much, each visit is generally chop chop scan & all ok, then bye kind. U narrow ur selection from there, choose 1 or 2, and if 1st visit u feel overall ok, can just continue? Don’t need to feel pressured by what others say to try out ‘different’ gynae :) I wld say for uncomplicated pregnancy, the visits are pretty routine. It is only when something happens, how the gynae cares for u, how they bring the message across, their tone and attitude etc…will really make u realise and decide if the gynae is ‘the one’ for u…speaking from my personal experience.

Read more
12mo ago

totally agree. my previous gynae kept emphasizing right from the start that things might happen due to high age. whilst i do appreciate preparing me for anything that might happen, but to be repeated informed of the same thing even though she said it's not something within my control, might is pessimistic to me. my current gynae i found via research and due to pricing issues (she charges the lower rate amongst other docs in the same clinic) so i settled her. luckily she's a great choice as she understands my concern and everytime during scan she will start off saying baby is growing well. helps alot when each check is abt a month away and we are concerned abt how baby progress coming along. so the tone and character of the gynae matters alot. you shd feel comfortable and at ease under the gynae.

Better to go to one so that they have all your records. I was thinking of switching too but decided to just remain with one. As for scans i also try to delay if i can - for the fortnightly one i delay another week as its too exp. But certain important scans i still go.

I found mine via google review 😌 Space out the visit? I simply followed what was arranged by the clinic. Just FYI, my gynae was Dr Natalie Chua from parkway east hospital

I would generally speak to my friends and see which one they went to. That worked best for me as word of mouth from friends can be really helpful in deciding

perhaps they are referring to public hosp subsidized routes where you are assigned different doctors each visit