Do you visit different gynaes in 1st trimester and do the same scans in each visit?

Can I check if its ok to visit 3 diff gynaes across my week 6 to week 9 then decide which one i want to go with later? Do you do all the same scans when you go for 1st consultation with new gynaes? Is it possible to skip on any procedure if I see a new gynae for 1st consult to save cost since I just want to consult and then decide who to go with eventually? #pleasehelp #1stimemom #firstbaby #advicepls

3 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I went with one since it was recommended by my mum. It’s okay to visit 3 different gynaes in the early stage. You will most probably go thru the same thing 3 times, paying 3 consultations fees. Only difference is that you can request not to take the supplements given to save cost for second and third gynae. Regardless whether you do the scan on first visit or not, consultations charges are charged 😂

Read more

I visited four different gynaes while I was deciding which one I’d want to go with after I hit my 20 weeks (antenatal package). Those recommended by friends didn’t really suit me so I checked out a few more. The only down side is… they’ll still ask you to do the scans and whatnot because they need it in the system, and also first consultation is always more expensive.

Read more
11mo ago

How did u space out ur visits? Like every 4 weeks u visit 1? Usually they will ask you to come back in 4 weeks. Did you skip those appointments? I went for one and while I’m ok with him, I wanna go visit another recommended one to see too.

What did you end up doing as I see that thsi post was a year ago. I’m in a dilemma now as I want to visit different ones but I don’t want to keep scanning every week.

11mo ago

It’s a standard procedure. And you’ll be with the gynae for the following scans, best to know how they work and do. If you have the budget, go ahead and try out the gynae which you think suits you best. However do take note that after a certain week, many gynaes will not want to take in due to full slots and also because they don’t know about your condition. 😊