No. Of doctors visits?

In a 40 wk journey, how many times & when do you see doctor/scan/blood tests?? And approx. Costs?

6 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

Depends on where u go. I went to a private clinic gynae. Monthly visit starting frm 2nd month, each visit includes a scan and 3d scan (for end of 2nd & 3rd tri). Cant remember how many blood tests but every visit needs to do urine test which is included in the fees. Starting 36th wk it's weekly visit. Each visit abt $160 ++ exc supplements (average cost as I took a package which is cheaper than per visit alacarte cost). In the 2nd tri there's a detailed scan which my gynae referred me to Thomson, can't rmbr how much but it shld be a few hundreds.

Read more
3y ago

Wah sorry can't rmbr as my hubby was the one settling them. What I know tt we max out the medisave claims as the total cost exceeded way beyond the maximum claimable which was expected since it's at a private hospital. I delivered at Parkway East btw.

During a 40-week pregnancy, prenatal care typically involves around 12 to 14 doctor's appointments, starting with monthly visits and becoming more frequent as the due date approaches. Ultrasounds and blood tests are conducted at specific intervals to monitor the baby's development and the mother's health. "Servicio de Enfermeria a Domicilio " can complement this care by offering at-home check-ups and support for expectant mothers, ensuring comprehensive and convenient healthcare. https://www.enfermerasom.com/servicios/

Read more
VIP Member

I was a subsidized patient under kkh and only switched to private for delivery. If you're interested, can see the full costs I incurred here https://herwealthjournal.com/costs-of-giving-birth-in-singapore-how-much-i-spent-in-kkh/

TapFluencer

week 37 so far total 8 visits under kkh subsidised. total cash paid less than $800. please note not all visits have scan.

as much as possible your ob or doctor will monitor you more often because anytime soon, you are giving birth..

Mine from 30 weeks onwards weekly visit