Sickness and breastmilk

I’ve been feeling under the weather these last few days and was wondering wether if my breastmilk will affect my baby in anyway? I have heard bits here and there that if I have fallen sick, it’s best not to give the baby my breastmilk and instead throw it out. Is it true?

1 Balas
 profile icon
Tulis jawapan
VIP Member

Hi, mom👋 Breastmilk does not transmit viruses to baby. Hence you can continue to breastfeed your baby like usual. All you have to do is take care of self hygiene: - Wash your hands before and after nursing your baby. - Avoid kissing your baby. - Highly encourage to wear a mask. Last but not least, please gain the fact from valid sources. You may follow certified Lactation Counselor on IG/FB to gain more knowledge on breastfeeding 😊 There are lots of certified LC out there. My personal preference is Puan Nad Masrom. Hope my sharing helps you out. Get well soon🌹🤗

Baca lagi
9mo ago

If you are on medication, need to consult with doctor. You need to let doctor knows that you are a breastfeeding mom. Thus, doctor will prescribe with medicines that suitable for a breastfeeding mom.