Is it true that pregnant women in last trimester should take probiotics?

5 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

I did not consume much throughout my pregnancy. I eat yogurt primarily because I like it not that I must have it during the trimester. However, I understand from my friend that her gynae recommended her to have probiotics because she was, then, having bad constipation. Gynae advised against any medication but advised her to consume probiotics to help her relieve get bowels.

Read more

Personally I dont take probiotics during my pregnancy. It's not mandatory. Probiotics have both pros & cons. To relieve constipation, they r very useful. But if possible better avoid them, bcos there is no medicine without any sideeffects.

One of my friends took antibiotic before having a czer, to prevent infection on the scar later. But there is a valid concern that it'll deplete the good bacteria for baby during birth.

8y ago

Really? I must read up on that. Thanks!

I dont think it is true. Personally I dont take it. Probiotic is good to maintain bowel movement...so why not? But not a must in my point of view.

it's not mandatory but in last semester you might have constipation and prebiotic will help