Is there any remedies for curing cough? My baby is 5mo now and she's having a bad cough.

7 Replies
 profile icon
Write a reply

You can try Garlic and Carom Seeds (Ajwain) These both are known for antiviral and antibacterial properties. You just need to take 2 garlic cloves and dry roast them with 1 tbsp of carom seeds. Cool them and make it into a pouch made from a muslin cloth. The smoke from the mixture of garlic and carom seeds will help in opening the baby’s blocked nose and relieve her from congestion. Also, you can rub the pouch under the baby’s feet.

Read more
VIP Member

As your baby is below 6 months old, I'm not sure if it's a good idea to treat her with TCM. I would go to the PD. You could still go to the TCM and see if they have any remedies. Since it's a bad cough, I would not recommend home remedies. http://www.todayonline.com/daily-focus/health/when-let-your-child-try-tcm

Read more
VIP Member

a more natural way,you could cut a big onion into quarters and put next to where baby is sleeping. it helps to kill germs and helps loosen up phlegm. discard the onion the next day.

When my boy was 5 mo, I did the following methods: 1. Rub baby Vick onto his sole and chest. 2. Boil unsweetened barley. Give it to him in the morning 30 ml and evening.

Read more

Yim Cher Powder I used for my babies when they were little. I rub the powder against their gums. They will just expel the pleghm thru pooping.

5y ago

Can use this method for 2 months baby?

You can rub baby vicks under his foot base and covered up with socks. Let baby sleep in non-aircon room until he is fully recover.

thanks